Much of OFWIM’s year-round work is done in committees. Each committee has a chair appointed by the President. The Vice-Chair is the designated Executive Committee member as outlined in the bylaws, or is appointed by the President.
- Chair – Julie Defilippi Simpson
- Newsletter Editor – Don Katnik
- Webmaster – Dyanne Cortez
The Communications, Membership & Outreach Committee is responsible for publishing a newsletter; managing the travel grant; helping organize the annual meeting of the Organization, including publicity; maintaining the web site, social media accounts, mailing list, and other information sharing mechanisms; and maintaining and increasing Organization membership by actively identifying and contacting potential members.
In 2017, CMO will focus on increasing the visibility of OFWIM through newsletters, social media, and networking with other organizations such as FITS/AFS. They will also make enhancements to the website to increase functionality and interaction with visitors, including finalizing an online membership payment system.
- Chair – Joe Kirby
This committee is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of the Organization’s annual meeting. It is normally chaired by the President-Elect who will be sworn in as President for the coming year.
- Chair – Kristin Rogers
This committee is responsible for developing and/or supporting the development of data standards focusing on needs expressed by OFWIM annual meeting participants. The committee also will work to identify emerging technologies and trends in technology that affect wildlife and fisheries data collection, management, and sharing.
- Check out our Resource Library!
- Use this form to advise the committee of other resources to assist in the work of OFWIM members.
2017 Goals and Objectives
- Maintain a presence on the OFWIM website that will include posted articles, committee goals and objectives, and other relevant activity documentation.
- Convene phone meetings as needed to conduct committee business and participate in Executive Committee conference call meetings, as requested, to provide reports on committee progress.
- Work with the Training & Education Committee to host webinars.
- Prepare a written report of committee accomplishments for the year and submit it to the ExCom for distribution at the annual business meeting. If the Committee Chair (or other member who can represent the Chair) is able to attend the annual meeting, present an oral report of accomplishments at the business meeting and make the written report available to the meeting participants.
- Chair – Michael Barbour
This committee is responsible for assessing the continuing educational and information management and technology training needs of fisheries and wildlife professionals and works in close coordination with the Executive Committee to develop a comprehensive continuing education program.
2017 Goals and Objectives
In 2017, T&E will focus on developing distance learning opportunities on topics of interest to OFWIM members. This will include establishing at least one OFWIM-sponsored webinar and working with the Conference Planning Committee to support setting up a training workshop at the 2017 Annual Conference. They will also continue to announce training/educational opportunities available through other sources by posting them on the OFWIM Community Portal at Groupsite.
- Chair – Jim Husband
This committee is responsible for developing and implementing the Organization’s various award and recognition programs and for developing a slate of candidates for the Organization’s annual elections.