Much of OFWIM’s year-round work is done in committees. Each committee has a chair appointed by the President. The Vice-Chair is the designated Executive Committee member as outlined in the bylaws, or is appointed by the President.
- Chair – Julie Defilippi Simpson
- Newsletter Editor – Jordan Holtswarth
- Webmaster – Dyanne Cortez
The Communications, Membership & Outreach Committee is responsible for publishing a newsletter; managing the travel grant; helping organize the annual meeting of the Organization, including publicity; maintaining the Web site, social media accounts, mailing list, and other communications and information sharing mechanisms; and maintaining and increasing Organization membership by actively identifying and contacting potential members.
In 2019, CMO will focus on development of a “Who we Are” video for OFWIM in coordination with the Data Standards, Trends, and Technology Committee. The group will also be adding a photo gallery function to the website and will continue to explore various social media platforms and determine which one(s) are most appropriate for OFWIM. In coordination with Data Standards and Technology, CMO will work on a more user-friendly interface for viewing the results of the tools inventory. The OFWIM historian will continue compiling and digitizing historical OFWIM documentation such as newsletters and conference proceedings.
- Chair – Karen Horodysky
Coordinate the development and implementation of the 2019 OFWIM Annual Conference at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV. Reach out to relevant agencies and schools in states surrounding the meeting location to build partnerships and generate awareness and interest in OFWIM.
- Chair – Kristin Rogers
This committee is responsible for developing and/or supporting the development of data standards focusing on needs expressed by OFWIM annual meeting participants. The committee also will work to identify emerging technologies and trends in technology that affect wildlife and fisheries data collection, management, and sharing.
- Check out our Resource Library!
- Use this form to advise the committee of other resources to assist in the work of OFWIM members.
2017 Goals and Objectives
- Maintain a presence on the OFWIM website that will include posted articles, committee goals and objectives, and other relevant activity documentation.
- Convene phone meetings as needed to conduct committee business and participate in Executive Committee conference call meetings, as requested, to provide reports on committee progress.
- Work with the Training & Education Committee to host webinars.
- Prepare a written report of committee accomplishments for the year and submit it to the ExCom for distribution at the annual business meeting. If the Committee Chair (or other member who can represent the Chair) is able to attend the annual meeting, present an oral report of accomplishments at the business meeting and make the written report available to the meeting participants.
- Chair – Michael Barbour
This committee is responsible for assessing the continuing educational and information management and technology training needs of fisheries and wildlife professionals and works in close coordination with the Executive Committee to develop a comprehensive continuing education program.
2017 Goals and Objectives
In 2017, T&E will focus on developing distance learning opportunities on topics of interest to OFWIM members. This will include establishing at least one OFWIM-sponsored webinar and working with the Conference Planning Committee to support setting up a training workshop at the 2017 Annual Conference. They will also continue to announce training/educational opportunities available through other sources by posting them on the OFWIM Community Portal at Groupsite.
- Chair – Jeanette Jones
This committee is responsible for developing and implementing the Organization’s various award and recognition programs and for developing a slate of candidates for the Organization’s annual elections.
Goals for 2019
- Develop a slate of candidates for 2020 OFWIM officer positions.
- Maintain the Student Scholarship Program.
- Maintain the Innovation Award.
- Coordinate on-site voting for Best Presentation and Best Poster awards at the Annual Meeting.
- Print certificates for Service Awards to be presented at Annual Business Meeting.