MEETINGS & EVENTS
Welcome to the
Organization of Fish & Wildlife Information Managers!
The Organization of Fish and Wildlife Information Managers, founded in 1993, is an international non-profit association dedicated to the management and conservation of natural resources through technology and information exchange.
Notes from our 2014 Conference in Arizona
Approximately 60 members and guests attended our annual meeting in Flagstaff. Attendees shared more than 40 posters and technical presentations, and we had fine weather for field trips to natural and historic sites. Highlights included a keynote presentation by Dr. Michael Shafer on possible new ways of powering wildlife tracking devices; and a banquet and astronomy session at the Lowell Observatory, where Pluto was discovered in 1930.
Mark Your Calendar
Next year's conference is set for September 27–October 1 in Williamsburg, Virginia. See preview flyer (PDF)
Congratulations to our incoming officers for 2014/2015:
- President: Kristin Rogers, Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission
- Past President: Jim Husband, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- President-Elect: Keith Hurley, Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
- Treasurer: Justin Ray, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- Secretary: Jeanette Jones, Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency
- Member-at-Large: Amy Ewing, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
Fall Pre-Conference Newsletter